Jesus Racing currently competes as part of the Touring Car Masters Series. Without doubt the most popular support race category to the V8 supercars. The TCM series sees fan favourites jump behind the wheel of favourite Aussie and American Muscle cars like Ford XYGT’s, BOSS Mustangs, Chev Camaros, Chrysler Chargers, Holden Monaro’s and Torana’s, lots of Torana’s!
These extremely powerful machines are based on the V8s of yesteryear, although only to look at, as underneath the surface they are brand new and highly technical, they are driven by experienced race drivers like Andrew “Fishtail” Fisher.
Jesus Racing’s vehicle of choice is the iconic Ford Falcon XY GT affectionately known as Abigail.
Founder, Andrew Fisher, felt many people held misconceptions, and labelled Christians ‘fun suckers’, believing you had to give up the good life when you became a Christian. Fisher, a long-term Christian, says nothing can be further from the truth!
So he created Jesus Racing to challenge those paradigms and the rest as they say is history!
The Jesus Racing Team has enjoyed great success both on and off the track winning races and filling up the trophy cabinet to the point that Fishtail has for the past number of years given them away to the team members. Taking out the Rookie of the Year and finishing third in the V8 Ute Championship are a couple of memorable highlights. However, the real fulfillment comes from the work he does as an Ambassador for the Life Choices Foundation.
Over the past 14 years Fisher has presented to over 300,000 students and thousands of inmates at Goals and Detention Centres across the country on behalf of the Life Choices Foundation.
The Life Choices Program was developed to challenge high school students to stop and think through the consequences of important life decisions. Fisher challenges their decision making around topics such as smoking, drinking, drugs, social media, road safety, relationships and values and beliefs. He utilises latest research and statistics to provide information & education to young people and to challenge them on what they want for their lives.
Fisher challenges people to not make decisions based on emotion or peer pressure, rather he challenges them to make considered choices. It takes courage to make the right choice in the face of opposition.
For more information or to book a Life Choices presentation click here
To read more of the Jesus Racing Story,
click on the buttons below:
ANDREW “FISHTAIL” FISHER
CAR MAKE: FORD FALCON XY GT
TEAM: JESUS RACING
1971 Ford Falcon XY GT
Abigail was married to King David and was recognised as the most beautiful and wise woman to have ever lived…
- Make = Ford
- Model = XY
- Shell = purchased from and restored by Stripsafe
- Colour – Ferrari Rosso Corso
- Build process = 14 months from ground up to TCM specifications
- Roll cage and fabrication = Marty Brant from Independent Race Cars
- Fibreglass panels = Alfa Fibreglass
- Paint and bodywork = Awdon Motor Body Repairs and Equipment
- Engine Builder = Wayne Smith
- Engine = Cleveland 351 engine with 3V CHI Heads and lots of Good stuff
- Max RPM = 7,500
- HP = never enough but good enough
- Carby = Holley 4 barrel various jet sizes
- Oils and fluids = Mobil
- Weight = A lady never tells you her weight but the minimum allowed is 1530kg including driver and fuel
- Fuel = R100 leaded
- Coolant = Evan Waterless (this stuff is amazing)
- Gearbox = Jerico 4 speed Australian Transmission Components
- Differential = 9 inch with multiple ‘strange’ diff centres
- Clutch = 3 piece Tilton
- Headers and exhaust = Custom made
- Shock Absorbers = Supashock
- Springs = King Springs
- Tyres = Hoosier